'24 Scrubs Scrimmage With Rindge

A scrimmage with Rindge Tech. marked the Freshman practice yesterday afternoon. The entire Rindge squad was present, and two scrimmages were kept going throughout the afternoon between the corresponding first and second divisions. The Freshman teams A and B, however, were withheld, as they will meet Boston University in a practice contest tomorrow. Particular efforts are being made to find more material on the lower teams, and the scrimmages served that purpose. The substitutes found little trouble in the light Rindge line-ups, and ploughed through for scores almost at will, especially against the schoolboy regulars. H. S. Grew was back in uniform and went through a light workout. Signals constituted the bulk of work given the first two elevens. Coach Ryan is troubled principally over the backfield situation, which is so critical because of the many injuries. A new possibility for a running position showed up in R. Lockwood, a third string fullback, who played brilliantly in the scrimmage. He displayed a consisent punting ability, and also showed promise as a plunger.