"NO ENTANGLING ALLIANCE"

"NEED REVISION OF TARIFF"

"I have no special message for Harvard men because they read the papers intelligently and all I can talk about now is in the papers," affirmed Senator Henry Cabot Lodge '71, leader of the opposition in the Senate to the present League of Nations, in a recent interview for the CRIMSON.

"They must realize that we need a proper revision of the tariff, and must agree, whether they are free traders or projectionists, that import duties ought to upply a proper proportion of the revenue of the United States, which they do not do now. They have read, or heard, of the extravagance in government, which must be stopped, and which a Republican administration will stop.

"But, there is one thing that is not always understood as it should be by young men that is the menace of the present League. America is the hope of the world she is in a position of great power. Let not that position be wasted by entering entangling alliances, by having imposed upon us 'a compelling moral obligations' as Mr. Wilson admits himself that Article 10 imposes, to send our boys into wars not their own. Men, particularly young men I think, are moved by phrases concerning the nation's obligations' and 'the country's responsibility'. Beware of these. America got nothing out of the war, she wanted nothing.

We are ready to stand alone the huge expenditures of the war. America has no obligations to give up this freedom of giving to the world what we wish to give and when we wish to give it."