SELECT TWO SQUASH TEAMS

NEW COURT RULE IN FORCE

Squash Racquets in the University is well under way. Two five men teams, a regular team. "A" and a substitute team. "B" will be chosen to represent the University in games and tournaments later in the season. Everyone in the University except Freshmen are eligible to compete for these teams, and the position on either five are open to the following rules of challenge: First, any player may, by defeating the man above him in 3 out of 5 games, take his place: second, anyone by defeating any man on team B. may become a member of this team. The following men have been chosen to form the two tentative fives A. M. Bradlee '22, L. A. Eldridge '21. H. C. Janith '22. D. McK Key '22, and A. Haughton '21 B. C. Wakefield '22, M. P. Baker '22, H. Elliot Jr '22, R. Watts '22, and F. W. Crocker '22. As all men on team A are veterans of last year's team they should be able to acquit themselves creditably in all their matches. Watts and Fuller are two other players of especial brilliancy, both having been on their Freshman team last season.

All players on either of these two fives who sign the blue book at the courts are entitled to a half hour coaching each week by Mr. Harry Cowles, the professional of the Harvard Club of Boston. The University is a member of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association and is included in its schedule of games. M. Bradlee '22 is captain, P. E. Jackson '21, manager, and Howard Elliot '22, is assistant manager.

Beginning last Monday a new regulation has been in force by which the squash courts can be reserved any time after 1.10 P. M. Although the players must appear in person to sign for his court.

On December I there will be a tournament open only to members of the Harvard Racquet Club. Anyone may become a member of this club by sending $2 to the treasurer. E. M. Hinckle '23. Claverly 53. A club cup which will be presented to the winner of the fall tournament is on exhibition in Leavitt & Peirce's windows.