"HAVE TOUGHEST GAME OF SEASON ON OUR HANDS"

ALL SHOULD REMEMBER 1910

"It is unbelievable to the Harvard coaches that Harvard graduates and undergraduates should take the comparative scores of the Harvard-Princeton and Yale-Princeton games as a criterion by which to estimate the result of the Harvard-Yale game this week, without carefully analyzing last Saturday's game," said Coach Walter Trumbull '15 in an interview yesterday.

Yale Showed Its Power

"With due respect to Princeton's playing there is no getting around the fact that the 'Breaks' went to the Princeton team in its struggle against the Elis. It is perfectly apparent from this game that Yale has a great deal of potential 'punch.' The yards gained by Yale in the second and fourth quarters of the Princeton game show that Yale has great power, and power that can and will be developed. Perhaps the Yale team didn't have finish but that is a thing that can be put on during this week. Then again, Yale will have Dickens and Aldrich back in the game Saturday, and with them in the line-up the Eli team will be a far more difficult proposition to face.

"We have but to look at the Harvard-Yale game of 1910 to see how foolhardy it is to judge the result of the final games by the early season scores. In that year, Harvard defeated the wonderful Dartmouth team, while Yale had met with two or three reverses during the season and yet the Elis fought us to a 0-0 tie. The 1916 game is a good example of how one break may determine the result of a contest. In that year Casey made a marvelous run for a touchdown only to have the play ruled out on account of a penalty. Yale won that game 6-3.

Elis Must Not be Underrated

"Anyone who has played against Yale knows that regardless of the early season scores Yale is a different animal when cornered in the Bowl than when playing away from home. The Eli team has everything to win and nothing to lose. In defeating Harvard, they have their only possible way of making their season a success, and the weight strength and savageness of a cornered Yale team is not to be underrated. There is not one of us who knows the inside workings of the game but realizes that we have got the toughest game of the season on our hands. The team realizes this, too, and the men are not the slightest bit overconfident.