OBSERVE BICENTENNIAL OF SECOND OLDEST HALL

VICE-PRESIDENT-ELECT TO SPEAK

Massachusetts Hall, the second oldest college building in the country, is two hundred years old this month, and on Friday, December 10th., its second centennial will be celebrated at a dinner to be held in the building itself under the auspices of the Harvard Memorial Society.

Vice-President-elect Coolidge will be present to represent the Commonwealth, the building having been originally constructed from a grant made by the Province of Massachusetts. President Lowell will also speak, and Judge Robert Grant '73, President of the Harvard Board of Overseers and author of "The Chippendales" and other novels, will read a poem composed for the occasion. The toastmaster will be Ron. William Caleb Loring '72, who roomed in the hall as a student.

Was Built in 1720

In 1720, when Massachusetts Hall was built, the graduating class of the college numbered 37, Cambridge was only a village, and there was no bridge to connect it with the town of Boston. The only college building in the Unitd States which is older than Massachusetts Hall is the main building of William and Mary College in Virginia, which was put up in 1693 and has been thrice burned and rebuilt on the old walls.

All surviving men who roomed in Massachusetts Hall when it was a dormitory, prior to 1870, are especially invited to subscribe to the dinner, as are all present and former members of the Harvard Memorial Society. Other graduates may also subscribe by applying to Hamilton MacFadden, 18 Francis Ave., Cambridge.