The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

PENN WINS SOCCER GAME IN DRIZZLE BY 4-0 SCORE

Thousand People Watch Game That is Tie Until Last Few Minutes of Play

The University soccer team was defeated Saturday by the University of Pennsylvania eleven by the score of 4 to 0.

A constant drizzle which lasted throughout the entire game made the field very slippery and dangerous for fast play. Penn outclassed the University players during most of the contest, but it was not until the last few minutes before the close that the Quakers were able to convert their advantage into points and to win the game.

Lee, right inside forward for Penn, was the star of the game, scoring all four goals for his team.

For the University, Heizer and Masters from time to time displayed flashes of individual brilliance. However, the steady play of Cummings at goal was largely responsible for the fact that the score was a tie until the last few minutes of play.

As a result of this victory, Penn is now tied with Princeton for the Championship of the Intercollegiate Soccer League. More than 1000 spectators braved the cold, rain and mud to witness the game.

The summary:

Penn--Goal, Heywood; fullbacks, Darrow and Amelia; halfbacks, Baldwin, Binns, Thompson; forwards, Bingham, Lee, Spencer, Pennell, Dowlin.

Harvard--Goal, Cummings; fullbacks, Carpenter and Allen; halfbacks, Masters, Murray and Health; forwards, Phillips, Williams, Heizer, Damon and Macy.

Goals, Lee 4. Referee, James Walders. Time of halves, 45 minutes.