INTERCOLLEGIATE CREW DELEGATES CONFER TO ARRANGE RACING DATES

CRIMSON DATES UNSETTLED; SPRING TRIP TENTATIVE

A conference composed of the crew representatives of Princeton, Yale, Pennsylvania, Columbia, Cornell, and the University, was held recently in New York. The University was represented by F. L. Higginson Jr. '00, for a number of years member of the graduate crew committee, Major F. W. Moore, graduate treasurer of the Harvard Athletic Association, L. B. McCagg Jr. '23, crew captain, and J. W. Watson '22, assistant manager crew.

Will Do Away With Confusion

The purpose of the conference was to settle matters pertaining to collegiate wing, and by taking into account the obligations of the colleges concerned, to range a permanent schedule of races for the future which will conflict as little possible with the plans of the various colleges. In previous years a great deal confusion has resulted from the arrangement of various regattas without considering the schedules of all of the colleges. One such instance occurred at the time of the Childs Cup race and the American Henley Regatta of last spring. Matters became so congested in regard these two events that it was not definitely known before the races started just what eights should be entered.

It is hoped that as a result of this meeting any other such complications in the future will be prevented and that the colleges will cooperate better in arranging their schedules.

Yale Schedule Definitely Fixed

Although it was found impossible to decide on a permanent schedule for the future on account of the many yearly obligations of the various colleges, a definite schedule was arranged for the Yale crew this year, and this did much to ear up the difficulties of the other colleges concerned. The Yale schedule is follows:

April 16--Yale vs. University of Pennsylvania at Derby.

April 30--Columbia vs. Yale at Derby.

May 14--The Child's Cup Race between Columbia, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton and Yale on the Harlem River.

May 21--Cornell, Yale and Princeton at Ithaca.

As yet nothing has been definitely denied concerning the crew schedule for the University, but it will include races with Princeton, Yale and Cornell, and it possible that it might include the Navy, Columbia and Pennsylvania. A ring trip is under tentative consideration and will probably be held during the spring vacation.

Six "H" Men Return

Crew prospects for the coming year at the University are doubtful. Although a few of the first crew have been lost by graduation, six letter men are still available. These men are: E. L. Peirson '21, coxswain of the first crew for the at two years; M. E. Olmsted '21, K. Kane '22, D. Terry '22, R. Jenney '21, and Captain L. B. McCagg '22. Besides these men, M. Bradlee '22, a substitute last year, and the following second crew men will be available: G. M. Appleton '22, H. R. Atkinson '21, H. Brown '22, S. Damon '21, S. A. Duncan '22, D. H. Morris '21, and T. T. Pond '21.

The addition of the following members of the Freshman crew of last year will also materially strengthen the squad: R. F. Bradford, F. Fiske, B. W. Huiscamp, P. B. Kunhardt, H. S. Morgan, J. M. Cooper, G. Norton, H. Garland, and B. Wigglesworth.

For coxswain, Coach Haines will have two other especially skillful men besides Peirson to choose from. These men are F. S. Williams of the second crew of last season and S. C. Badger '23 of last year's Freshman crew