"MEN NOT LIVING IN DORMITORIES SLOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO FUND"

MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO GET 100 PERCENT BY RECESS

Last evening the College Endowment Fund Committee issued the following statement: "In view of the fact that this is the second week of the Endowment Fund drive, the slowness with which the subscriptions are coming in from men who do not live in the dormitories is decidedly discouraging. The committee, however, will persist in its endeavor to reach these men by telephone. There will be no relaxation of effort until every man has subscribed as 100 percent is essential to make the drive a success. As Christmas vacation begins next Thursday and as the resident undergraduates have already practically contributed 100 percent, the committee earnestly hopes that members of the University who have not subscribed as yet will give this matter immediate attention."

1924 Has Highest Percentage

Last Thursday evening at 6 o'clock when the first drive closed, the percent of men not living in the dormitories who had enrolled in each class was as follows: Seniors, 28 percent; Juniors, 14 percent; Sophomores, 21 percent; and Freshmen, 20 percent. When figures were compiled last night, the percent stood as follows: Seniors, 40 percent; Juniors, 18 percent; Sophomores, 32 percent; and Freshmen, 45 percent. These figures show that the gain in percent has been: Seniors, 12 percent; Juniors, 4 percent; Sophomores, 11 percent; and Freshmen, 25 percent.

Unless the men who have not signed up report at the College Endowment Fund Committee office in the Crimson Building at once and enroll, there is little possibility that the 100 percent mark can be reached. The office hours from now until the end of the drive will be from 9 A. M. to 6 P. M.