FRANKLIN ROOSEVELT SPEAKS AT UNION WEDNESDAY, FEB. 25

PROMINENT MEN ON LIST

Major-General Leonard Wood, M. D., '84; Colonel Arthur Woods '92, former Police Commissioner of New York City; the Hon. Franklin D. Roosevelt '04, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, and Colonel Theodore Roosevelt '09, member of the New York Assembly, have accepted invitations to speak at the Union in the near future.

The Hon. Franklin D. Roosevelt will deliver the first lecture of the series on Wednesday evening, February 25, at 8 o'clock, in the Living Room of the Union. He will speak on "The Americanization of Government Affairs," and this address will be preparatory to and in line with a lecture by Colonel Woods on "College Men in Governmental Work," to be given about the middle of March. General Wood and Colonel Roosevelt are expected during April; the dates on which they will speak will be announced later.

Franklin D. Roosevelt has been Assistant Secretary of the Navy since 1913. He held this position throughout the war, and during Mr. Daniels' many absences from Washington he served as Acting Secretary, being in complete charge of naval affairs. Prior to 1913 he was a member of the New York State Senate. He is an Overseer of the University, as are also General Wood and Colonel Woods.

The subjects of these speeches will be national and governmental issues. The series of lectures has been arranged by the Union with a view to giving its members an opportunity to hear prominent men discuss national problems and the part that college men can play in solving them. It is believed that great interest will be aroused by these lectures, and a large attendance is expected.