ARRANGE ELIMINATION BOUTS BEFORE MID-YEAR CARNIVAL

REGULATE WEIGHT CLASSES

So great has been the interest shown in the Boxing Carnival to be held at Brattle Hall on March 25, that it is now planned to hold elimination bouts in the Hemenway Gymnasium a week before the championship matches. Entries must be handed in at the H. A. A. before March 13.

The classes in which bouts will be held are as follows: Bantam-weight, 115 lbs.; featherweight, 125 lbs.; light weight, 135 lbs.; welterweight, 145 lbs.; middle-weight, 160 lbs.; light heavyweight, 175 lbs; heavyweight, 175 lbs. and over. This year the regulations as to weight will allow no variations. When the men are weighed in, on the day of the match, the beam of the scale will be set at 115, 125 or whatever the class may be. Any man who tips the beam will be automatically moved to the next class higher.

Only Undergraduate Seconds Allowed.

A further regulation is that boxers may have only members of the University as seconds. This is stipulated in order to prevent professional coaches having a hand in the tournament. The bouts will be four rounds of two-minute duration. Larry Conley, the University boxing instructor, will act as referee; Dr. Paul Withington '09, "Pooch". Donovan and Mr. Kelly, of the Department of Physical Training, as judges, and Mr. Geer, Director of Physical Training, as time-keeper.

Great interest is evidenced in the possibility of R. M. Sedgwick '20, University football player and oarsman, as the College heavyweight champion. His great weight and reach, combined with his skill in the squared circle, have caused him to be looked upon as the strongest pugilist in the College.

Other promising entries are G. W. Helm '20, captain of the University tennis team; C. P. Anderson '21, G. W. Connelly '21, J. O. Stubbs '21. In the featherweight class, followers of the manly art have given a slight edge to D. Wallace, a Freshman, who has shown great skill in the ring.