THE TURK AGAIN.

"Two thousand Armenians murdered by Turkish Nationalists" is the latest report from Constantinople. And we are told that the Turks, becoming bolder with every day of delay in the effective organization of the League of Nations, openly threaten to massacre the remaining Armenians as soon as Allied forces withdraw.

In 1876 the world was horrified by the Bulgarian, Atrocities, and Gladstone aroused Europe with his stirring denouncement of "the unspeakable Turk." For a time it seemed that humanity would come into its own and that civilization would clean up this dark corner of Europe. But the selfish interests that prevailed in the Congress of Berlin, left the Turk unrestrained in his bloody work. Now, more than forty years later, the phrase "Armenian massacre" has become so trite that we hardly give it a passing thought.

Is it not time that we ask ourselves how far this is to go? While the Senate frets and fumes over Article X are the Turks to settle the Armenian question by exterminating the Armenians?