F. ROOSEVELT HERE TOMORROW

AMERICANIZATION OF GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS, TOPIC OF TALK AT THE UNION

Franklin D. Roosevelt '04, Assistant Secretary to the Navy, who will speak tomorrow night in the Living Room of the Union, on "The Americanization of Government Affairs," will arrive in Boston tomorrow afternoon. Preceding his lecture, Mr. Roosevelt will be given a dinner by the CRIMSON editors in the Union, at which President Lowell, other officers of the University, and several former editors of the CRIMSON will be present.

Professor Roger B. Merriman '96, will introduce the speaker, who will talk on the work of the Navy department during the war, with emphasis on the place of the college graduate in government affairs. Mr. Roosevelt was Assistant Secretary of the Navy throughout the war. During Mr. Daniels' many absences from Washington he was Acting Secretary, and in this capacity was at the head of naval affairs.

Mr. Roosevelt an Overseer of University.

Mr. Roosevelt resigned from the New York State Senate in 1913 to assume his duties as Assistant Secretary. Previous to his tenure of office in the state legislature he practiced law in New York City. He is one of the Overseers of the University. When in college he was president of the CRIMSON.

The lecture tomorrow night is the first of a series by Harvard graduates, who will speak at the Union on government affairs. Colonel Arthur Woods '92, Police Commissioner of New York City, will lecture on "College Men in Governmental Affairs," about the middle of March. Major-General Leonard Wood, M.D., '84, and Colonel Theodore Roosevelt '09, of the New York Assembly are expected to speak some time in April on subjects to be announced soon.