TENNIS PRACTICE STARTS AT THE LONG WOOD COURTS

Most Candidates for Team Have Been Playing Indoor Squash to Keep In Trim.

Candidates for the University tennis team have started practice on the covered courts of the Longwood Cricket Club in Chestnut Hill. Until Weather conditions permit the squad to be called outdoors, there will be indoor practice three days a week.

R. Norris Williams, 2d, '16, former champion, is expected to take charge of the coaching and Richard Harte '17, who has shown remarkable form on the indoor courts, will assist him.

The University has an especially severe schedule ahead and hopes to counteract the defeats meted out by Yale and Princeton last season. Most of the candidates have been playing squash throughout the winter to keep in condition and to develop skill and speed.

Four Veterans Back.

Four of last year's University team are still in College. Captain G. W. Helm '20, and L. A. de Turenne '21 are practically sure of places on the team while J. B. Fenno, Jr., '21, and C. H. Hyams '21 also have a good chance to retain their positions. Among the other promising candidates are C. P. Holmes '22, captain of last year's Freshman team, J. M. Kleberg '22, Channing Wakefield '22, and D. P. Robinson, Jr., '20, who captained the second team last year.

Following the indoor practice of the next few weeks there will be scarcely two weeks of outdoor work before the Southern trip which comes during the spring recess. Six matches are scheduled for this trip as follows:

April 17, Agawam Hunt Club at Providence; April 19, Richmond Country Club at Richmond; April 20, Norfolk Country Club at Norfolk; April 21, Naval Academy at Annapolis; April 22, Chevy Chase at Washington; and April 24, Philadelphia Cricket Club at Philadelphia.