DEBATING MANAGERS CALLED

Candidates from 1921 and 1922 Report on Monday for Short Competition.

A competition, open to all Juniors and Sophomores, for the positions of first and second assistant managers of the University debating team, will start Monday evening at 7 o'clock. All candidates should report to B. Ulin '20, 28 Plympton street, at that time.

This year's competition will be extremely short, lasting only until March 17, two days before the triangular debate. The work, too, will be less than in former years, since little advertising will be solicited. These positions should be especially desirable because the first assistant manager, and possibly the second, will accompany the team to New Haven next month. The large number of debates and the southern trip planned for next season will allow both managers to do considerable traveling.

Semi-Finals Tonight.

At the first try-outs for positions on the University debating team 12 men reported at Harvard Hall on Wednesday night. Of these, the eight who were retained and the nine members of the fall debating team will compete in the semi-finals this evening. Twelve of this number will be chosen at that time for the final try-outs. Those who have been retained to date are: E. M. Anderson '21, G. P. Bickford '22, J. C. Hover '22, J. E. Lumbard, Jr., '22, O. G. Peterson '21, C. W. Phelps Unc., S. A. Rosenblatt '22, C. H. Whelden, Jr., '21.