Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

BASEBALL MEN TO MEET

BATTERIES START FEB. 17

The baseball season will open with a mass meeting on Monday evening February 16, in the Trophy Room of the Union. Plans for the coming season will be outlined by Dr. E. H. Nichols '86, Coach Jack Slattery, Captain R. W. Emmons, 3rd, '20, and Manager A. E. Kirk '20. Both Freshman and upperclassmen who intend to go out for baseball this spring are expected to be present at this meeting.

On Tuesday, February 17, the pitchers and catchers will commence practice in the cage at Soldiers Field, while the candidates for the other positions on the University and Freshman teams will not report until the first week in March.

Second assistant manager candidates for the University team and manager and assistant manager candidates for the Freshman team will be called on February 16. Freshmen are to report at the H. A. A. at 1.05 on that date, and the Sophomores at 6.45 in Randolph 6.

In these competitions a new system is to be introduced this spring, which is expected to prove more beneficial both to the candidates and to the teams. The Freshman competition is to last but eight weeks, at the end of which time the Freshman manager, assistant manager and three assistant managers will be chosen. During the remainder of the season these men will have complete charge of the 1923 team, and in that manner will receive valuable managerial responsibility which they would not obtain under the former system.

Men from the Sophomore class will begin their competition on February 16 with a week of general supervision over the Freshman candidates, and will assist in getting baseball affairs effectively organized. From then until one week before the spring trip there will be no work for the manager candidates from 1922; but at the later date these men will again report to finish their competition, which will end in time to enable them to prepare for their final examinations. At the end of this competition one man will be chosen for second assistant manager of the University team, and another for second assistant manager of the University second team. Both successful candidates will in their Senior year become manager of their respective teams.