RADICAL SENTIMENTS BRING DISCHARGE OF FLORIDA MAN

Professor Sims of "Cracker" University Declared Fit for "Pen."

Because of his alleged radical views and disparagement of the United States Government, Professor Newell L. Sims, head of the Department of Sociology and Political Science at the University of Florida since 1915, has been forced to resign by President A. A. Murphy and the Board of Control of the university.

The allegation has now been made by the authorities that a letter written by the professor to the Reverend Mr. A. F. Hensey of the Bolenge Equatorial Mission in the African Congo was intercepted by the British and turned over to the U. S. Government. A portion of this letter which is reputed to have started the investigation follows:

"I Glory in the Soviet Republic!"

"I imagine some of my letters may have been lost or destroyed by the censorship here or elsewhere, for I said things which if printed would have landed me in the penitentiary for 20 years--under the American Government and its espionage act.

"Yes, peace is here. The real victors have been the people's victors east of the Rhine. I grieve that the Allies have been the victors, for the triumph is so vicious in its after effects that right and justice fail. The one thing that interests me now is the social revolution east of the Rhine. I glory in the Soviet Republic of Russia and pray for the day when it shall be established in all the world."