MOORFIELD STOREY TO GIVE GODKIN LECTURE ON MONDAY

Former President of Bar Association to Deliver Series of Talks on Citizenship.

Mr. Moorfield Storey '66, of Boston, former president of the American Bar Association, will deliver the first of the Godkin Lectures for 1920 in Emerson D next Monday evening, March 15, at 8 o'clock. The title of the lecture will be "The Use of Parties," and the subject of the whole series of five lectures, the rest of which will be held on March 17, 22, 24, and 26, is to be "The Duties of the Citizen."

The Godkin Lectures endowed in 1903 by friends of Edwin L. Godkin, the famous editor of the Nation, and named in his honor, are given every year on some subject connected with the essentials of free government and the duties of the citizen. The first year in which they were given, the lecturer was James Bryce.

Active in Civil Service Reform.

Mr. Moorfield Storey is the senior member of the law firm of Storey, Thorndike, Palmer, and Dodge. After his graduation from Harvard in 1866 he was for a while private secretary to Charles Sumner. He has served several terms as Overseer of the University. During his long and honorable career he has been identified with a variety of public movements, having been active in such organizations as the Civil Service Reform League and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

The subjects of Mr. Storey's subsequent lectures will be:

March 17.--Obedience to the Law.

March 22.--Racial and Class Prejudice.

March 24.--The Labor Problem.

March 26.--Our International Relations.