UNIVERSITY ARTILLERY MEN SHOW UP WELL IN GYMKANA

R. O. T. C. Students Succeed in Placing in Every Event Scheduled at Riding Club.

Several members of the University R. O. T. C. Field Artillery Unit took part Saturday afternoon in a contest of horsemanship at a gymkana held at the New Riding Club. The entries were made at the invitation of the Club. Horses owned by the R. O. T. C. were used in Saturday's contest, and both men and horses showed to a marked degree the results of the training they have had during the past five months. The members of the R. O. T. C. who took part in the contest were T. Adamowski '22. C. E. Dean '21, T. E. Graves '22, H. Hudson '23, J. N. Macy '22, E. A. Norman '23, F. C. Packard '20, R. M. Sanderson '22.

Most Contestants Without Experience

J. N. Macy '22 won the Musical Stalls, while H. Hudson '23 was second in the Gretna Green. The University team, composed of Hudson, Norman, Tuckerman and Macy placed second in the parasol relay, while Hudson and Macy won the obstacle race. The R. O. T. C. team succeeded in defeating the members of the Club in the balloon fight in one minute and a half.

Much credit is due to Colonel R. C. F. Goetz and to Captain Dick of the Military Science Department for the excellent showing made Saturday. Most of the men who took part had never had any experience in horsemanship before taking the course this fall. Plans are now being made for a horse show and gymkana to be held later in the spring by the University R. O. T. C.