CAPT. GOETZ MAY BE ENTERED IN OLYMPIC CAVALRY TRIALS

Team Chosen Will be Given Chance for Extra Training in Germany.

Captain R. C. F. Goetz, commanding the R. O. T. C field artillery unit at the University has been named by the War Department as a possible competitor for the team of American army officers which is to enter into riding events against similar organizations from other nations at the Olympic Games, to be held at Antwerp, Belgium, during the latter part of August and the first of September.

This team will be composed of ten officers and will compete; as a team, in the following events: a long distance ride, a cross-country ride, individual riding over a steeple-chase course, jumping of intricate jumps in an arena, and a demonstration of the training of the horse. Officers must ride the same horse in all of these events.

The training of those men chosen as competitors will begin in the very near future at the Cavalry School at Fort Riley, Kansas. About the middle of June they will join the American Army of Occupation in Germany where they will enter the final stages of training. After competing in the Olympic Games, the team will return to America during the latter part of September.