SECURE T.M. OSBORNE AS HOOVER SUPPORTER

GUEST AT UNION NEXT WEEK

As a result of the efforts of the Hoover League of Harvard, Mr. Thomas Mott Osborne '84 has been secured to speak at a meeting open to all members and officers of the University on Wednesday, March 24, at 8 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall. His subject will be: "Mr. Herbert Hoover's qualifications for the Presidency."

Though Mr. Osborne has always been a strong Democrat, while Mr. Hoover has in several capacities been associated with the Republican party, he is supporting Mr. Hoover's candidacy on account of his abilities, regardless of his party affiliations.

Mr. Osborne has had a distinguished career, having been a candidate for lieutenant-governor of New York, delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 1896, and to two New York State Conventions. He is best known, however, for his fearless work in reforming Sing-Sing Prison. Until his resignation last week he was Commandant of the United States Naval Prison at Portsmouth, where he had great success in introducing a method of self-government by the prisoners, which gained for the convicts who had served their terms the privilege of re-entering the service, where over 80 per cent have made good.