MR. BRYAN WILL SPEAK IN NEW LECTURE HALL AT 4

Distinguished Orator and Democratic Leader on Tour of Country to Aid Part

The Honorable William Jennings Bryan is to speak at a meeting open to all members and officers of the University, this afternoon at 4 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall. J. E. Harley 2G, chairman of the Graduate Schools Society, through whose effort Mr. Bryan has consented to address the meeting, will preside. Mr. Bryan has as yet announced no subject, but it is supposed that he will speak on some one of the political issues now confronting the nation.

Because of well-earned oratorical abilities, coupled with his long and varied political and journalistic career, Mr. Bryan's speech is certain to be one of exceptional interest to all member so the University. His life is a long record of holding political office and of candidacy for office. He has been a member of two Congresses, Democratic nominee for Senator from Nebraska, and three times the Democratic candidate for president. From 1913 to 1915 he was Secretary of State under President Wilson. He is now on a tour of the principal cities of the country in the interests of the Democratic party, speaking on the great questions of the day.