Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

NEW SENIOR DORMITORIES

Again a Junior Class makes preparations to spend its senior year at Cambridge in the Yard. It is excellent, this tradition that one's last months at the University should be spent in the portion most suggestive of the dignity and the memories of Harvard.

It is, however, unfortunate that the Colonial simplicity of Hollis, Stoughton and Holworthy should be marred by the presence of Weld and Matthews. These latter buildings are of an altogether different style from the rest of the Yard. Their innumerable excrescences are painful to the eye. Moreover their condition at the present time makes them undesirable as Senior Dormitories. While the condition of rooms in Thayer is good the poor arrangement of the rooms, and the fact that it is out of proportion with its three neighbors, at the north end of the Yard, makes it not antique but antiquated.

We hope the time is not far distant when these three buildings will be razed and in their place structures constructed on plans similar to those of Holworthy be substituted. This would make room for the whole of each Senior class to room in the Yard, and make it an infinitely more fitting sanctuary of the ideals and spirit, and traditions of Harvard.