1923 DEBATERS CALLED TODAY

Subject Chosen Concerning Strikes in Essential Industries

"Whether or not strikes in essential industries should be declared illegal," is the general subject proposed by the University Debating Council for the Freshman Triangular Debate which will be held next month. The exact wording of this question will be decided upon by Yale. Professor H. B. Huntington '97 of Brown University will be head coach and will be assisted by L. Dennis Occ., winner of this year's Coolidge Prize.

The Debating Council announces a new policy for tryouts' on this question. All Freshmen wishing to try for the team will report to Dennis at Harvard 5 today at 4 o'clock. At that time all candidates, will be divided into teams according to their choice of sides and will be expected to participate in trial debates to be held for the next two weeks under the regular University debating rules. No cuts will be made during the first two weeks and every man will have ample opportunity to show his ability under actual debating conditions.

Details of the competition for the position of manager of the Freshman team will be announced soon.