THEODORE LYMAN '97 MADE LEGION POST COMMANDANT

OFFICERS TO SERVE TILL MAY

Formal organization of the James A. Shannon Post of the American Legion was completed last night at the Union, when two hundred members of the new Post voted on a full ballot of officers, and passed upon a set of by-laws to govern the procedure of the University Post.

Theodore Lyman '97, was made Commandant until the regular semi-annual meeting in May, when a new set of officers will be elected. W. B. Munro, Ph.D. '00, was elected Vice-Commandant, while K.B. Murdock '16, received the position as Adjutant of the Post. D. K. David, M.B.A. '19 was made Vice-Adjutant, in which capacity he will act as Treasurer. R. B. Perry, A.M. '97 will serve as Historical, and Rev. J. T. Addison '09, was elected Chaplain. The Sergeant-at-Arms is T. S. Woods '20.

Executive Committee Chosen

the executive committee will consist of J. L. Coolidge '95, R. I. Le '02, W. L. Langer 2G, F. A. Little 2L, R. A. Lovett, 1L, J. C. White, 1M, and W. G. Brocker '22. Several undergraduates were nominated for the officers but their names were later withdrawn in favor of the suggestion that faculty members should serve until the Post should be more firmly established may then be voted upon.

The by-laws were accepted as submitted by the committee which had drawn up a set except for one amendment to the effect that the officers elected last night were to serve until May only, when a new election would be held.