The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

EX-COMMISSIONER WOODS TO DELIVER SPEECH IN UNION

Guest of Honor for Evening Meeting in Living Room Wednesday at 7.30 O'Clock.

On Wednesday evening, March 10, Colonel Arthur Woods '92 will speak on "American Citizenship on Trial" in the Living Room of the Union. He will be introduced by Professor W. B. Munro '99, professor of Municipal Government. Colonel Woods will be given a luncheon by the signet Club at 1 o'clock and in the evening the Governing Board of the Union will give a small supper at 6.30 o'clock just preceding his speech.

Colonel Woods, after graduating from the University, spent several years as instructor at Groton School, after which he went to Europe and was at the University of Berlin for two semesters. He spent part of 1905 and 1906 in New York City as reporter on the "Evening Sun," and alter studied, the police situation there. In the summer of 1905 he travelled through the Philippines with Secretary Taft's party, and later made a trip around the world. During the war he acted as an assistant to the Assistant Secretary of War, at which time he advocated vocational education for those disabled during the war. Colonel Woods is very well qualified to speak on "American Citizenship on Trial" because of his connection with the New York police force. It was while he was Police Commissioner of New York City that he did his greatest work, completely reorganizing the police force of that city and making it most efficient body of its kind in the world. Because of the recent police strike in Boston his words will carry especial interest.