BAND HOLDS DANCE TO NIGHT

Two Orchestras Will Play in Union From 8.30 to 12.30; Makes Spring Trip.

As a feature of the second dance of the season given by the University Band in the Living Room of the Union from 8.30 to 12.30 this evening, the band has been divided into two orchestras of sixteen pieces each, to furnish continuous music during the entire evening. The four patronesses of the dance, as announced yesterday, are Mrs. Lowell, Mrs. L. B. R. Briggs, Mrs. F. L. Kennedy, and Mrs. R. B. Perry.

The dance tonight is the last engagement before the New York trip, and every effort is being made to make it a success Ten string instruments have been added to the organization which together with the brass pieces, will form the two orchestras, the "Meadowbrook" and "Canadian Club."

Although there are only thirty-two pieces playing tonight, the band now has a membership of nearly fifty, forty of whom will be taken on the Spring trip. In giving the danced his evening, the band announces the culmination of a successful season, and one which it is expected will be repeated next year. This most recently founded of the University's musical organizations is making per-expenses for the New York trip of fee way, and more outside engagements his been offered the management than the band has been able to accept.