BARRON FINDS RUNNERS FEW

TRACK WORK PROGRESSING WELL, THOUGH NUMBERS LACKING.--TRAINING BEGINS.

At yesterday afternoon's track practice W. A. Barron '14, captain of the University track team in the spring of 1914, watched the distance runners and sprinters jog around the track. Commenting upon the prospects for this season Barron said, "For early season work I think that the men are showing up fairly well, but we should have a much larger squad. This spring season has had a better start than any for several years, and there seems to be promising material in nearly every event. The track events are particularly strong, while we need to build up the field events considerably.

"I intend to put on my track suit," he continued, "and come out to show the fellows a few points about how to run the 220 and 440-yard dashes, while several other former track men will come out frequently to coach in their events. We all hope to see Harvard win the Intercollegiates, as well as to defeat Yale."

Ex-Capt. Capper Also Coaching.

When the half-milers report this afternoon, F. W. Capper '15, captain of his team and star half-miler, will point out the faults in their form.; Those men whose form of running is faulty will be taken into the baseball cage to practice before the mirrors, just as several men were advised to do yesterday.

After yesterday's practice, Manager J. F. Keane, Jr., '21, announced the names of the following men who will eat at the University training table, beginning next Monday: C. L. Bond '20, J. F. Brown '22, F. C. Church '20, W. H. Goodwin '20, E. O. Gourdin '21, R. W. Harwood '20, J. F. Keane, Jr., '21, C. G. Krogness '21, D. S. Laird Occ., B. Lewis '20, D. F. O'Connell '21, B. Wharton '22. The training table for 1923 will probably start early next week in the Smith Halls Dining Room.