GENERAL NOLEN TO SPEAK AT LEGION MEETING ON MAY 12

MANY OFFICERS NOMINATED

Brigadier-General Dennis E. Nolen, who at present is in charge of intelligence instruction at the Army War College in Washington, D. C., will be the guest of honor and principal speaker at a meeting of members of the Shannon Post of the American Legion at the Union on Wednesday, May 12, at 8 o'clock. At this same time the election of officers of the Post for next year will be held.

During the war General Nolen was attached to the General Staff, holding the position of Assistant Chief of Staff G-2 to General Pershing. It was due chiefly to his efforts and those of Colonel Arthur L. Conger '94, of the General Staff, that the American Intelligence Service attained such a high order of excellence during the war. General Nolen managed this department so efficiently that General Mangin of the French army remarked that "The Intelligence Department of the A. E. F. was the first branch of the American Staff to learn to function properly, under modern conditions."

In addition to those nominations which have already been made, men may be nominated for the various offices from the floor at the time of the meeting. Those elected will hold office until May, 1921. The full list of nomi- nations at present is as follows:

Commandant.

W. G. Brocker '22, J. I. Coolidge '95.

Vice-Commandant.

H. H. Faxon '21, C. F. Frazier 1G.B., D. R. Hawkins 2L.

Adjutant

K. B. Murdock '16, Paul Withington '10.

Assistant Adjutant.

L. K. Garrison 1L, Ford Hibbard 1G. B.

Historian.

H. D. Smith '21, K. G. T. Webster '93.

Chaplain.

J. T. Addison '09, Murray Duart '04.

Sergeant-at-Arms.

C. F. Havemeyer '21, R. M. Sedgwich '21.

Executive Committee.

C. C. Caner 2M, R. M. Eaton, A. M. '17, R. L. Finley '21, R. L. Goodale 1M, Louis Grandgent '09, R. G. Hadley '20, R. I. Lee '02, D. M. Little '18, F. A. Little 2L, R. A. Lovett 1L, T. Lyman '97, W. Rand 2L, F. H. Turnbull '19, B. Wharton '22, F. B. Whitman, 1G.B