SPORT ACTIVITY PREVAILS AT NEW HAVEN AND NASSAU

Spring Athletics Now Under Way,--Eli Nine Playing in Southland--Track Prospects.

Both Yale and Princeton are now actively engaged in their spring athletics and with many letter men back in all sports both a t New Haven and Princeton there promises to be an unusual amount of interest in the triangular sports this spring. The Eli men have already held a crew race and their baseball team is at present on its Southern trip. Princeton's ball team has great possibilities and the crews are working steadily on Lake Carnegie.

Victories on Saturday by both the Senior and Junior University crews over Pennsylvania are good criteria of the excellent ability of the Yale oarsmen and of he splendid possibilities which Guy Nickalls, the Eli coach, has this season. The injury to Captain Damont of the Princeton crew has caused the Tiger coaches considerable worry, but a recent shake-up in the first eight has apparently helped solve the difficulty. The Freshman crews at both institutions are both still ragged, but rapid improvement is expected.

Eli Nine in Early Season Slum.

The Yale baseball team has experienced little success on its trip so far. The Blue nine, handicapped no doubt by lack of practice, expects to round into form by the time it reaches New Haven again. With several of last season's men in the line-up, much is expected of this year's nine.

At Princeton on the other hand, little is known of the chances for a championship nine. In a pre-season game last Wednesday the Orange and Black was defeated in a fifteen inning 1-0 game by the University of Vermont.