TERRORISM

If assassination of governmental officials is attempted by the Reds today, as Attorney-General Palmer has predicted, all America will rise united as never before to crush the alien organizations which preach overthrow of the government by violence. The American plan of government is based on the right of any citizen to favor any changes in our form of government he may desire, so long as constitutional methods are followed. Every American has a perfect right to agitate for Socialism, Communism, or anything else he pleases, if he proposes to reach his goal through lawfully prescribed legislative action. But when a few thousand radical extremists, most of them non-citizens, plot to overthrow the government and establish a dictatorship of the proletariat through murder and direct action, they will find against them 99 percent of the American people, solidified by a common will for law and order.

Terrorism is one thing America will not tolerate, and if violence is attempted today, those who are responsible for it will not only themselves suffer, but the cause they profess will have been irreparably harmed.