OPEN REGISTER COMPETITION

Call Candidates to Report at Crimson Building at 7.30 O'clock.

Work on the 1920-21 issue of the University Register starts tonight, when business candidates from the class of 1923 are called to meet in the CRIMSON Building at 7.30 o'clock. The work will consist of soliciting advertisements for the book, and later subscriptions.

The men who prove most valuable in this work and who are retained to the end of the competition will be elected to the Register Board and will have an opportunity to attain higher positions on the board next year. The most successful candidate this spring will be elected Assistant Business Manager in the Sophomore year, and automatically becomes Business Manager his Junior year. For Freshmen who have failed to go out for other competitions the Register offers special advantages, as it offers them an opportunity to make an important University publication. Financial opportunities, subject to certain regulations of the Student Council, will also be offered to the Assistant Business Manager when he becomes Manager in his Junior year.

The Harvard University Register is published annually by the Student Council in order to give those interested in college affairs not only a complete and concise record of Harvard activities, but also an convenient book of reference and college information in regard to students' clubs and organizations; and a complete directory of the college.