THE SENIOR AND THE WIDE, WIDE WORLD.

It has been said that the chief benefit derived from the University is the ability to be at home at all times in all places. Perhaps next to this and possibly the cause of it is the ability to appreciate one's own part in the great drama. Or as our respected phychologists would painfully put it, to introspect.

Four years partially removed from the world should force a man to realize what a small amount the life of the greatest man plays in the final total. Many men come to Cambridge with an acute perception of their own-transcendent ability. Many men leave the University with an inflated estimate of their own wonder-working skill, but as long as there hangs in the background of their minds a recollection of the thousands who have felt exactly as they feel, as long as they remember that, strangely enough, the world originated in Missouri, as long as they appreciate the exquisite comedy of Self, age 22, leading the universe in complete subjection, the harmony of the spheres is safe for yet a few ages more.