FAXON ELECTED VICE-PRESIDENT OF UNION IN VOTE YESTERDAY

POSTAL CARD BALLOTING CLOSES NEXT TUESDAY

As a result of the vote held yesterday, Henry Hardwick Faxon '21 of Quincy, was elected vice-president of the Union for the coming year. The result was in doubt until the last, when the final count gave Faxon a plurality of 11 votes over his nearest rival, R. M. Sedgwick '21.

The new vice-president will formally assume his duties next fall, but until then will serve in an advisory capacity to the present officers, relieving his predecessor, F. K. Bullard '20 at the end of the year. The office of vice-president is the highest undergraduate position in the board of officers in charge of the Union. Meeting with the Governing Board and with the Graduate Manager, the vice-president represents the students in the management of the building and in all questions of policy. All suggestions and comments from members pass through the hands of the undergraduate committee and are referred to the vice-president.

A post-card ballot is now being conducted among the members of the Union to elect the members of next year's Undergraduate Union Committee. Ten men have been nominated by the Student Council, from whom three Juniors are to be chosen, one Sophomore, and one Freshman. The post-cards were sent out yesterday, and they are to be returned, with the voter's choice, before next Tuesday. The result of this election will be announced in next Wednesday's Crimson.