TENNIS TEAM MEETS CORNELL.

Strong Quartet From Ithaca Encounters University on Divinity Courts at 3.

The University tennis team will this afternoon encounter a strong quartet from Cornell on the Divinity Field courts at 3 o'clock. The opposing team is scheduled to arrive early in the afternoon from Ithaca and come out to Cambridge in time for the match at 3 o'clock. Though the Cornelians have several fast players, especially Captain K. M. Reid, the University, through its longer period of practice and greater number of matches, and its record to date, which includes only one defeat out of the ten contests played so far this season, is favored to win. Only four men are to make the trip from Ithaca, so that there will be four singles matches and two doubles today.

The University players will play in the same order as has been in force for the games this spring: Captain G. W. Helm '20 as No. 1, followed by L. A. deTurenne '21, J. B. Fenno Jr, '21, and C. H. Hyams 3d, '21. Cornell will be represented by Captain K. M. Reid, W. S. Holt, W. T. Mallory and a fourth man to be picked from the following: W. G. Cassedy Jr., S. S. Penrock Jr. and F. H. Thomas.

The opening match of the second team's season with the Newton Center Tennis Club, announced for yesterday, will be played at the club's courts in Newton this afternoon at 3 o'clock. As a result of tournament, which has been in progress for the past two weeks, the team has been chosen.