INTERCLASS BASEBALL STARTS ON THURSDAY

GOOD MATERIAL AVAILABLE

Because the two new diamonds prepared on Soldiers Field for the interclass baseball games have not dried sufficiently, the opening interclass games scheduled for this afternoon have been postponed. The series will commence on Thursday, when the Senior nine meets the Freshmen at 3.30 o'clock.

As yet 1923 is the only one of the four classes that has made any definite steps toward organizing the team. Under the direction of Coach R. B. Miller, Sp., Playing Manager J. G. Flint '23 has organized a team that will have a considerable edge on its opponents when the series opens Thursday. Despite the fact that only men who were dropped from the first Freshman squad are eligible for the team, Coach Miller has had a wealth of material to draw from.

A. S. Keeler is the most promising of the catching candidates who have been working out. On the mound, J. M. Blair and E. G. Selden are likely twirlers, although both are lacking in experience. The pitching burden will fall on Blair for the most part, as Selden is engaged in football practice. A tentative infield has been made up as follows: J. G. Flint 1b.; C. C. de Gersdorff, 2b.; Duncan Dunscombe, s.s.; third base undecided. The outfield has nearly a dozen candidates, and it is here that the hitting strength of the organization will be concentrated. R. G. Miller, captain of the Groton team last year; J. C. Ross and J. J. Sack are in the van of the aspirants for berths in the outfield.

Altogether there are 22 men out for the team; they have been practicing since the cut in the Freshman squad nearly a month ago.