TENNIS PLAYERS BLANK TUFTS

UNIVERSITY TEAM VICTORIOUS IN ALL SIX MATCHES YESTERDAY.

Six matches to none was the score by which the University tennis team blanked the Tufts players in a loosely played series of sets yesterday afternoon at the Divinity Field courts. The Medford team was outclassed in every way, especially in the singles, though in the two doubles matches they put up a harder fight. Captain G. W. Helm '20, while not compelled to exert himself to win his match with Captain Mullin of Tufts, played a stellar game, combining a fast and effective service with steady all-around play. The feature match of the afternoon was the doubles contest in which C. H. Hyams, 3d, '21, and J. B. Fenno, Jr., '21, defeated Mullin and D. Rockwell in straight sets, 6-4, 6-1.

The summary of matches follows:

Singles.--Captain G. W. Helm '20 defeated C. Mullin, 6-1, 6-1; J. B. Fenno, Jr., '21, defeated D. Rockwell, 6-1, 6-0; D. P. Robinson, Jr., '20, defeated E. Telfer, 6-3, 6-1; C. H. Hyams, 3d, '21, defeated W. Hunt, 6-0, 6-1.

Doubles.--Hyams and Fenno defeated Mullin and Rockwell, 6-4, 6-1; Helm and Robinson defeated Telfer and G Lipkin, 6-3, 6-2.

Matches among candidates for the first and second teams are progressing each afternoon. A round-robin tournament is being arranged, the winners in which are privileged to play the members of the present University team. These men will form the second University team, for which a regular schedule of matches with neighboring school and college teams has been made out.