1922 CHANGES CONSTITUTION

Sophomores Adopt Provisions Proposed by the Student Council

At the last Sophomore smoker of the year, which was held last night in the Union, the amendments proposed by the Student Council to be added to Article 3 of the constitution of the three lower classes, concerning the election of class officers, were unanimously passed. These amendments make it necessary that at least 60 percent of the members of the class affected shall have voted before the election may be declared valid, and that if a sufficient number of votes is not cast at the first election, further balloting shall be held at intervals of not more than 10 days until 60 per cent of the class shall have voted. Suffrage is restricted in that later balloting to those members who have not already voted.

According to the report of the class finances read last evening by the Treasurer, R. P. Parker, the class of 1922 has at the present time a cash balance of $910.75 to its credit, and in addition assets to the amount of $600 invested in United States Victory Loan Bonds. This sum is left after deductions made for last year's Red Book, and Jubilee, the first smoker, and all other expenses. The report follows:

Report of Treasurer.

At the time the last report was submitted, in December, 1919, the class had on hand a cash balance of $1507.70. Since that time receipts have amounted to $52.25, all of which sum is from the Red Book. Expenditures have been as follows:

For the Jubilee and other small accounts of last year,  $149.65 Expenses of the Red Book,  99.60 Dues to Student Council,  35.00 Cost of first smoker,  364.95 Total expenditures,  $649.20

This leaves a cash balance of $910.75.

In addition to this sum the class has assets to the amount of $600 in the form of United States Victory Bonds, making a total balance on hand of $1510.75.

This leaves a cash balance of $910.75.