FOUR TENNIS PLAYERS TO ENTER TOURNAMENT

DeTurenne, Hyams, Fenno and Robinson to Represent University in Intercollegiates

L. A. deTurenne '21, recently elected captain of the University tennis team, J. B. Fenno Jr. '21, C. H. Hyams 3d '21 and D. D. Robinson Jr. 20 will represent the University in the National Intercollegiate Tennis Tournament, which is to be held, starting Monday, June 28, on the Merion Cricket Club courts at Philadelphia.

The tournament is given under the auspices of the United States National Lawn Tennis Association, and colleges from all parts of the country have entered their stars.

There will be both singles and doubles tournaments, the winners of which automatically gain the intercollegiate championship. By winning the tournament, either in singles or in doubles, University entrants are awarded the "H."

Though the University players, especially Captain deTurenne in the singles, and Hyams and Fenno in the doubles, are favored to gain high rank, several stellar performers are entered, to whom the field is expected to narrow down. Hawkes of the Yale team, which passed through its season without a defeat and conquered the University 7-2, is considered one of the strongest entrants. Hawkes was barely second to Captain Garland on the Eli sextet, who recently sailed for England with the United States Davis Cup team. For Columbia, Fisher is an exceptionally fast netsman, while Kirk of Cornell and Levy of California, are also prominent players.