TIGERS BATTLE WITH ELIS FOR TRIANGULAR SUPREMACY

Victory for Princeton Wins Yale Series; Warburton and Selleck Opposed on Mound

The Yale and Princeton nines meet today at Princeton in the second game of their annual series. A Tiger victory today will give Princeton the Triangular Championship. The teams will enter the game evenly matched, with Princeton as favorite, due to the Tigers' defeat of Yale two weeks ago by the score of 6-5.

The present season's records leave little to choose between the opposing teams. Following an unsuccessful southern trip, during which Yale won but one game of the six played, the Elis have won 12 victories in their last 16 games, suffering defeats in close games with Penn State and Holy Cross, and unexpected shut-outs at the hands of Virginia and Tufts. Princeton has played a consistently winning brand of ball since April, her few defeats coming from more seasoned southern teams at the start of their schedule.

Coach Clarke will probably base his hopes on Warburton, trusting that he will show the form he displayed in his two recent victories over the University. If he starts badly, as he did at New Haven in the first game of the series, Margetts, winner of last year's 1-0 extra inning triumph over Yale, will be given the opportunity to give Princeton her first taste of two consecutive baseball victories over Yale. Selleck, the Yale probability on the mound, was, like Warburton, knocked out of the box in the New Haven game. Kelly, a fast-ball pitcher, and Calhoun, Yale's best left-hander, are Coach Lander's alternatives.

In the catching department, Peters of Yale, an old Exeter captain, is a more experienced player than Fisher, the Princeton backstop. Peters has been a powerful factor in the Yale offence all year, necessitating the shift of two other catchers, Holmes and Aldrich, to third base and shortstop respectively. Due to their inexperience in their new positions, the right side of the Yale infield is crude compared with the fast fielding Keyes and Trimble of Princeton. The other side of the infield is an even affair, with every prospect of stellar playing by McPhee and Cook, and Sawyer and Diamond respectively. In the outfield Princeton will make up for Yale's advantage in her heavier-hitting infield with the best college outerworks of the season. McNamara, Strubing and Lee are all dangerous batters and have had but on error checked against them the season long. The Yale trio, led by Flaherty, whose triple broke up Yale's 19-8 victory here last June, comprises a good outfield, Parsons in right field having shown himself to be a long hitter and spectacular fielder.