FELTON IN BOX TODAY AS UNIVERSITY MEETS FORDHAM'S BALL TEAM

OPPOSING TWIRLER, WATERS, IS SENSATIONAL PLAYER

Felton is Coach Slattery's choice to start off on the mound against Fordham in the game to be played on Soldiers Field at 3 this afternoon. As Felton and Goode are the two pitchers upon whom the pitching burden for the two Yale games must fall, Coach Slattery is working them hard now in order that they may be in the best possible condition by Tuesday. Goode will probably pitch against Tufts at Medford Saturday.

Vermont Trimmed Fordham

The University batters will probably face their hardest test this afternoon when they go up against Waters, the sensational Fordham twirler. Waters, a former Watertown boy, had won eight straight games before last Saturday, one of them the prediction-breaking defeat of the champion Georgetown nine. But last Saturday his winning streak broke and he bowed to Vermont, a team weak compared to some of his victims. The Green Mountain nine hammered Waters for 11 hits, while Kibbe, the Vermont twirler who struck out 10 University batters, fanned an equal number of Fordham men. Among Waters's victories is a 2-0 whitewashing of Boston College.

Although not high up in the college standing, Fordham has a team which has succeeded in spoiling the records of several near champions, Georgetown being a typical example. It has also defeated Princeton and Colgate.

Early in the season Fordham, like the University, fell before Cy Meany to the tune of 2-0. In this game, MacNamara, second string moundsman, carried the pitching burden and showed himself to be a less effective twirler than Waters, although at that time the latter was in mid-season form.