PROF. W. W. ATWOOD PRESIDENT OF CLARK

Dr. Atwood Came to University in 1913--is Authority on Geographical Subjects

The appointment of Dr. Wallace W. Atwood, Professor of Physiography at the University, as president of Clark University and Clark College was announced by the trustees at the close of the Commencement exercises which were held in Worcester on Monday. In addition to his duties as president, Dr. Atwood will also serve as Professor of Regional and Physical Geography.

Dr. Atwood came to the University in 1913 as successor to Professor William Morris Davis '69, and is at present in the West in charge of a field expedition for the United States Geographical Survey, with which he has been connected during the past 20 years. In the R. O. T. C. at the University he held the position of captain. Dr. Atwood is a graduate of the University of Chicago, on whose staff he served from 1899 until 1913.

Alaska and the Rocky Mountain region have been studied as a specialty by Dr. Atwood, who has written several government reports concerning this territory. As an author he has composed numerous scientific and educational papers and recently had published a geography for use in upper grammar schools.