PHI BETA KAPPA HOLDS EXERCISES ON MONDAY

PROCESSION FORMS AT 11.15

The Honorable Thomas Nelson Page, Litt.D. '13, former ambassador to Italy, will be the orator, Professor Charles Hall Grandgent '83 the poet, The Reverend George Angier Gordon '81, pastor of the Old South Church, Boston, the chaplain, and Mr. William Roscoe Thayer '81 the presiding officer at the annual literary exercises of the University Chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, which are scheduled to take place in Sanders Theatre at 11.30 o'clock Monday morning.

After the annual business meeting, which will be held at 10 o'clock in Emerson D, the procession of graduate and undergraduate members, headed by First and Second Marshals A. W. Marget '20 and R. E. Eckstein '20 respectively, will be formed at 11.15, and will proceed to Sanders Theatre. Led by a bugler and two drummers, the procession will march through the Yard with the Junior members of the society in the lead, followed by other members in reverse order of seniority. When the head of the procession reaches the steps of Memorial Hall it will halt and each couple of men will separate and each member will face inward, thus forming an avenue through which will pass the oldest members at the end of the line, followed in order of seniority by the other members. The first two rows of the balcony have been set aside for invited guests, while the second balcony will be open to the public, free of charge.

Following the literary exercises the procession will again be formed with the oldest graduate in the lead, and will march to the Colonial Club, where luncheon will be served. Tickets for the dinner should be obtained in advance, and may be purchased at the Harvard Chapter or at Kent's University Bookstore for $2.50. Members of other chapters are also invited and should receive a written order from Professor William Guild Howard '91, corresponding secretary of the chapter.