DEAN YEOMANS BACK IN COLLEGE OFFICE IN FORMER CAPACITY

WAS EXCHANGE PROFESSOR TO UNIVERSITY OF PARIS

After, an absence of 20-months, Henry A. Yeomans '00 has returned to the University and has taken up his duties as Dean of Harvard College, Professor Chester N. Greenough '98, who occupied the Dean's office during Mr. Yeoman's absence, is now back in his former office in Warren House in charge of English A.

The first year of his absence Mr. Yeomans spent in France. From February, 1919, to June of that year he served as Associate Director of the New England Bureau of the American University Union in Paris. During the next two months, from July to August, 1919, he was director of the American University Union in Paris. Mr. Yeomans then went to the University of Paris as Exchange Professor, in which capacity he served until March, 1920. Since that time he has been on the Pacific coast, and has just recently returned to Cambridge.

With University Union in Paris

Dean Yeomans' post with the American University Union in Paris was as the director. The University Union was the Center for all American college men when they were in Paris, and served as a club meeting place and information bureau.

Dean Yeomans graduated from the University in 1900. He received the degree of Master of Arts the following year, and in 1909 the degree of L.L.B. He was a lecturer and instructor in Government at the University from 1910 to 1912, and that year was made an Assistant Professor of Government. Later in the same year he was appointed Assistant Dean of the College. In the fall of 1916 he entered upon the duties of Dean of Harvard College following the resignation of Dean Hurlbut.