GOLF TEAM FINISHES FOURTH IN INTERCOLLEGIATE MATCHES

Princeton Takes Laureis--D. Jones Loads University Players in Qualifying Rounds

The University golf team won fourth place in the intercollegiate golf tournament held last June 22d and 23d at the Nassau Country Club, Long Island. Durham Jones '22, placing sixth, turned in the lowest score of the University contingent in the individual qualifying championship. The other University players in the tournament were L.H. Eaton '23, F.M. Bacon '21, G. Henderson '21, and C.W. Baker '22.

The team championship decided on a medal play basis, was won by Princeton, with an aggregate of 1269 strokes. There were four men on a team, each playing 72 holes. Captain J. Simpson Dean of Princeton was the star performer with a total of 303 for the 72 holes at Nassau. The second man, James Ward of Williams, was 12 strokes behind the Tiger captain. Jesse Sweetser of Yale was third individual, with 316, and Captain Sydney Scott of Yale fourth with 317, J.H. Douglas of Princeton was the only other to break 320, which he did by one stroke.

Thirty-four strokes behind Princeton for team honors came Yale, with a total of 1303. The other team totals were; Dartmouth, 1336; Harvard, 1339; Williams, 1376; Cornell, 1407; Pennsylvania, 1419, and Columbia, 1421.

Jutercollegiate golf hids fair to take on an international aspect next year, for the Intercollegiate Association, in meeting at the Nassau Country Club, Long, Island, voted to invite teams from Oxford and Cambridge to compete in next year's titular tournament, which will be held at the Greenwich Country Club, June 28 to July 2. Unofficial assurance has been given that such an invitation would be acception.