RED-JERSEYS PILE UP FOUR GOALS AGAINST SECOND'S OPPOSITION

HUMPHREY'S SEVENTY-YARD RUN FEATURE OF SCRIMMAGE

Coach Fisher's red-jerseyed men scored four touchdowns on Jimmy Knox's proteges in a long scrimmage yesterday afternoon. The scrubs sent over a lone touchdown on a forward pass late in the practice after most of the regulars had been replaced, and the seconds had been given the ball within 10 yards of the University goal line.

Coach Fisher will be without four of his quarterbacks today, when Conlon, Davis and H. B. Humphrey Jr. will report to Coach Knox, and Wharton will be tried as a halfback on the first squad. Hartley and Dejonge, ends, Angier, half back, and Reynolds, guard, were also dropped, while Francis Rouillard '23, substitute back on his Freshman eleven, wore a red jersey for the first time yesterday.

Horween Returns to Scrimmage

Captain Horween was back in his working togs yesterday and played in the greater portion of the scrimmage; but Fitts, whose leg was again bruised in Monday's scrimmage, Sedgwick, Lock-wood, Crocker and L. P. Brown are all on the injured list.

Team A started the scrimmage yesterday slightly rearranged, so as to give some of the regulars a rest. Owen and Chapin replaced R. S. Humphrey and Gratwick in the backfield, Gaston was at wing while Kane sat on the bench, Tierney held the pivot position and Faxon remained in place of Sedgwick.

Forward Pass Gives Team A Goal

Starting with the ball on their own 25-yard line, an exchange of kicks, a run back of a punt by Johnson, and a dash by Chapin brought the University within scoring distance. A series of line bucks, followed by a forward pass to Chapin gave the first eleven their first touchdown. The second score came soon after, the result of a blocked kick covered by Woods, and an off-tackle dash by Churchill.

The feature of the scrimmage was a 70-yard run by Humphrey, in which he dodged through the whole second eleven but for one man who temporarily saved a touchdown by a tackle on his own 10-yard line. A line-buck by Stillman furnished the third score, while Humphrey, a few minutes after the scrubs had made their successful pass, went across for the last touchdown.