FOILSMEN START PRACTICE

ANNOUNCE SCHEDULE

Under the direction of Coach Danguy, assisted by E. R. Gay '19 and W. H. Russell 2S.A., both former University captains, the fencing team is being put through intensive training for its first meet with Massachusetts Institute of Technology on the 29th of this month. W. R. Brewster '22, Burke Boyce '22, H. B. Cutter '21, Captain S. A. Ordway '21, and R. P. Rogers '21, all veterans of last year's squad, are showing up well and seem sure of taking part in the coming meets. Among the new men who are proving their metal are: J. S. Jablonski '23, J. K. Watson '23 and R. T. Westermark '23.

In the Christmas vacation, Captain Ordway Won fourth place in the Amateur Athletic Association meet held in New York City, after competition with the star foilsmen of Yale, Princeton and other universities.

The following schedule for the season, subject to the approval of the Student Council and the Athletic Committee, is announced today by J. S. Barss '22, manager: January 29, M. I. T. at M. I. T.; February 5, Bowdoin at Cambridge; February 12, Pennsylvania at Cambridge; February 19, Columbia at New York; February 26, Dartmouth at Hanover; and March 5, Yale at New Haven.

A few practice matches with the M. I. T. and B. A. A. teams will also be held, and attempts are now being made to secure a meet with the New York Athletic Club.