SQUAD BEGINS TO SHAPE UP

FORWARD LINE LOOKS PROMISING

Freshman hockey practice was held yesterday in spite of the poor ice on the Charles bank rinks, and although little can be definitely known about the relative merits of the players, it now looks as if the yearlings would have a seven of more than average ability.

The forward line seems to be the strongest part of the team and the competition between the candidates for these positions will be exceptionally keen. F. S. Hill and G. Q. Walker, two candidates for forward positions, have been shifted to defense and are proving themselves to be valuable men.

Every effort is being made to arrange a game with the crack Cambridge Latin septet, to be played on Thursday. On Saturday, the yearlings will meet the Dartmouth Freshmen.

Practice, on the few days ice has been available, has consisted mainly in conditioning the men and in practicing shooting. However, some time has been devoted to having the forwards practicing drawing the defense men out of position before shooting and in having the forward line coming down on the defense.

If the ice on the rinks continues usable, a cut in the squad will be held before the Dartmouth game, P. E. Wilson '23 taking charge of the seconds.