UNIVERSITY QUINTET OPPOSES MIDDLEBURY

GAME AT 8 IN HEMENWAY

Members of the first basketball team were excused from practice yesterday afternoon in consideration of the fast game Thursday with Middlebury and the clash with Wesleyan this evening in Hemenway Gymnasium. Coach Wachter expects the fastest and hardest fought game so far, as the Middletown College has always turned out formidable teams. Their record to date has been a victory over the Connecticut Aggies and defeats by Stevens and Union. The latter usually has one of the leading college teams of the east, and to hold it to a 21-20 score is a tribute to the Wesleyan five. Captain Hosdowitch at left guard is probably the most proficient player at Wesleyan in years. His running mate, King, is likewise a star. The team on the whole is of small size but unusually fast.

Coach Wachter believes that by giving Pallo a regular forward position he has strengthened the team considerably. Besides having an accurate eye for the basket he is quick and sure at passing. Feiring will be used at guard, although Chase will be on hand to relieve him if necessary. Several new plays have been working well this week and should account for scoring this evening.

Graduate Students Defeat Seconds

Yesterday a team consisting of Law School and unclassified students defeated the second team 30-23, chiefly through more accurate passing and shooting. Bucklin of the Law School was the heaviest scorer and most consistent player on the floor.

The game will start at 8. Following is the line-up: HARVARD.  WESLEYAN. Pallo, l.f.  r.g., King Fitts, r.f.  l.g., Hosdowitch Tyson, c.  c., Hartman Tolbert, l.g.  r.f., Robertson Feiring, r.g.  l.f., Robison