TRACK MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCES SPRING TRIP WILL BE MADE

B. A. A. GAME TICKETS TO BE RESERVED AT H. A. A.

The Harvard Athletic Association yesterday confirmed the rumor that, the track meets with the Naval Academy and the University of Virginia would be abandoned. Plans for these meets, however, were only tentative.

The statement from the Athletic Association is as follows:

"In the course of negotiations with Penn State, the Naval Academy and University of Virginia, for track games during the April recess, it has developed that some embarrassment might arise at both Annapolis and Charlottesville from the fact that two members of the Harvard squad are colored men.

"The University management discussed the matter frankly with all three institutions, and found that at Penn State there would be no feeling-against colored men, but that at the other two institutions some prejudices existed which might cause embarrassment. The management has therefore decided, with the acquiescence of the authorities at the Naval Academy and Virginia, that it would be wiser not to schedule the games with either institution.

"It is hoped that in addition to the meet with Penn State, another meet in the vicinity of Philadelphia may be arranged which will satisfy the requirements for training and competition on such a trip."

Meets Only Tentative

When interviewed by a representative of the CRIMSON, Coach Bingham said that it was a mistake to consider the trip in the April Recess merely as a Southern Trip. "Our arrangements for the Spring Trip are incomplete and all meets were only tentatively scheduled," he said. "At all events we shall probably make a trip to Pennsylvania."

At the same time the Track Manager announced that plans were under consideration for a joint meet between Harvard and Yale on the one hand, and Oxford and Cambridge on the other. Several such meets, the last one in 1911, have been held with honors fairly evenly divided between England and the United States. But in almost every case it has been the American teams that travelled to England, and, as a result, Harvard and Yale feel that it is time for the English to come to this country. Negotiations between the two American universities are under way and the Advisory Committees on Track are seriously considering the subject. Should these negotiations terminate successfully, an invitation will be extended to Oxford and Cambridge to compete in a meet in this country. It is hoped that the arrangement of a meet for this year will lead to making the event a permanent fixture, with meets alternating between England and America, and held possibly every two years.

The Track Management also announced that a block of tickets for the B. A. A. ganies of February 5th is being reserved for Harvard and will be sent to the H. A. A. the last of this week. Applications may be made now at the H. A. A. The prices will be $3.30 for reserved seats and $4.40 for box seats.