CUB SEVEN HAS HARD TIME IN SCRIMMAGE IN ARENA

Individual Work of Freshman Forwards Unavailing Against Defense of University

Strenuous efforts to overcome the handicap of variable weather conditions and limited practice are in order for the Freshman hockey squad this week. Last, night the yearlings had their initial workout under the eye of former Coach Alfred Winsor '02, stacking up against the University seven in a hard forty-five minute scrimmage. In the few minutes of play before Freshman second-string men were sent into the game the University seven scored four goals, two by Rigelow, and one each by Emmons and Owen. There after the 1924 defense could offer little hindrance to the University forwards.

This afternoon the plans for the 1924 skaters include a regular game with Arlington High School, or a practice scrimmage with the same team or M. I. T. in preparation for the contest with Exeter Saturday.

The yearlings, though presenting a number of strong individual performers were unable in the Arena yesterday to make much impression on the Crimson first string defense. Coaches Claflin, Winsor and Lombard were on the fee throughout, picking flaws in the Freshman tackles. Louderback, Cabot, Lamont and Lee formed the first line of forwards from right to left, and were succeeded by Clough, Crosby, Phillips and Dwight as second string combination. Graves and Walker are holding preference on the defense, while Dole performed well at the net.